Otava Publishing Company Ltd
AGENDA of EEPG network meting in Helsinki (14th - 15th June)
The changing role of the publisher
This network meeting will focus on the transition from content provider to service provider and how R&D can be executed together with customers (case studies from participants welcome!)
Get together - dinner at Otava premises
VENUE: Toukola, Otava's own conference centre at Espoo. Beautiful location in the countryside near lake Pitkäjärvi.
Bus transport from hotels to Toukola
10:00 - 17:00 From product portfolio to service portfolio
- Welcome // Helga Holtkamp
- Introduction //Current trends in the Publishing Business -review (Teuvo Sankilla)
Keynote // Nopia - A Publishing House - Inhouse: Nona Ratia (Otava) presents
New ways to develop products
Why is a new model needed?
What are the benefits
Nopia in action
How does Nopia work in practice?
How will it develop in the future?
- Service R&D // Case studies from participants
- Service production // Case studies from participants
- Service maintenance and customer satisfaction // Case studies from participants: How to measure and improve customer satisfaction
- Service business models // Case studies from participants "Best practices"
17:00 - 19:00
Guided Tour to Haltia Finnish Nature Centre nearby
: Haltia - Intelligent and ecological Haltia is a pioneer in ecological building solutions. On the guided tour you will find out about Haltia's ecotechnology. Haltia is the first European museum that has been awarded with special commendation for sustainability at the annual European Museum of the Year Award (EMYA) ceremony 2015.
Bus transport to hotels
VENUE: Hotel Torni in Helsinki City centre
09:00 - 14:00 R&D cooperation with schools
13:00 - 14:00
Keynote // Assessment and Evaluation: Najat Oukrim-Soivio
Assessment in Finland: How students are assessed during the year as well as at the end of basic and upper secondary education
What does Continuous Assessment mean in practice?: How assessment is seen as a part of learning and teaching.
How can educational materials support assessment?: What should be assessed and by whom?
- New models, new services // (case studies): Otava presents current R&D-case with one the biggest cities in Finland, other case studies welcome
- further presentations by participants
Najat Ouakrim-Soivio is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Helsinki. She has previously studied the assessment of learning outcomes and the validity of grades at the end of secondary schools and upper-secondary schools in Finland. The learning outcomes in History and Social Studies were assessed nationwide for the first time in a project lead by Ouakrim-Soivio in 2011-2013.
Ouakrim-Soivio has also acted as an educational expert during the two previous processes or reforming the Finnish National Core Curricula (2004 and 2014) and was a representative of the Ministry of Education in the Steering Group for National Core Curriculum for basic education (2014).
All participants should make their own hotel reservation. There are pre-reservation in three hotels in Helsinki:
- A.Solo Sokos Hotel Torni: 13.-15.6. standard single room 246 /room/night
- B. Original Sokos Hotel Albert: 13.-14.6. standard single room 201 /room/night 14.-15.6. standard single room 162 /room/night
Reservations for options A and B: Sokos Hotels Sales Service Centre (concerning both Hotel Torni and Hotel Albert until 30.5.2018)
Tel. +358 20 1234 600/individual room reservations
Please quote the allotment code
when making a booking. Please, also remember to mention which hotel to make reservation.
- C.Hotel Anna: Booking number 217046, Otava standard single room 13.-15.6.: 124/room/night
Reservations to be made before 25.5.2018
Tel. 358 9 616 62801, 358 40 776 0094