3. News on Frankfurt Book Fair
As you know, the book fair in Frankfurt will take place but with many restrictions. The organizers are saying that they have 50% of last year's exhibitors, but I doubt it. Many of you have written that they will not come to the fair. We had a discussion at a management board meeting and have decided not to participate with a stand for the following reasons:
- Not many of you will be present and therefore the stand will not be needed as a meeting point.
- The physical BELMA prize giving will not take place as there are no stages and no possibility to have physical gatherings with many people. The BELMA will be an online conference with video and presentations. Obviously, all the winners will get their digital marketing package but also their trophies by post.
- The EEPG will be a virtual exhibitor with a virtual meeting room and all BELMA winners will be presented and there will be a possibility to have virtual meetings.
- The AGM will not take place in its usual format, we will have a Zoom meeting instead, preferably at the same time as usual.
- The IPA/EPF meetings will not happen in person either, they will also be totally virtual.
If people decide to visit the fair in person, we can still arrange meetings, I think I will probably attend as a visitor on Thursday.