5. Report on a workshop on sustainability
On 17th and 18th of July, there was a
European Workshop on Integrating SDG 4.7 in Textbooks
at the Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research in Braunschweig, Germany. This was organized by the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace, UNESCO and Engagement Global. If you want to know more about the back ground, please check
As you probably know, the Education 2030 Agenda has a new scope.
- reaches from early childhood learning to youth and adult education and training;
- emphasises the acquisition of skills for work;
- underlines the importance of citizenship education in a plural and interdependent world;
- focuses on inclusion, equity and gender equality;
- and aims to ensure quality learning outcomes for all, throughout their lives.
The workshop mainly focused on best practice examples of embedding in textbooks. It was attended by educational experts in university and politics but only two representatives from educational publishing, Jane Mann from Cambridge Assessment and me. The outcome will be published shortly. Meanwhile, please
download this useful guidebook